📍Disclaimer:Every product on this list has either been used by us or has been hand-picked by (obsessive) editors. As an Amazon associate, any purchases made via our links may result in a commission for us at no additional cost to you.
What is The Best Small Camp Stove?
We’re back with another tiny camping stove. We’ve been dying to try this one. The “AOTU Portable Camping Stoves” is a ‘small’ two-burner stove. Like a lot of small camp stoves, it has no fuel level indicator. You have to keep an eye on the flame level, and that’s a kind of pain.
Camping stoves come in a wide range of sizes and price points. But for all intents and purposes, the compact models are the most common, useful, and portable camp appliances. For those without a large budget, these stoves might be the only way to cook a meal in the wild. Not to mention they’re cheaper than purchasing a large gas-powered stove.
A small camp stove can mean a lot of different things to a lot of people. For me, it’s a stove that is compact enough to fit in my backpack for a couple of nights away, but versatile enough to be used in a variety of different ways. From heating a pot of water or heating up a marshmallow for s’mores, a small camp stove can be the perfect piece of outdoor cooking equipment.
>> See also: The Lightest Cooking Stove For Backpacking?
Can you use an Outdoor Stove Inside?
Using a propane or butane stoves indoors (or inside your camping tent) is generally not a good idea. Unburned fuel gas and carbon monoxide can easily develop inside your tent, and if they don’t entirely combust. It’s safer if you have excellent insulation (a smoke hood or a fan blowing out an air vent).
Are AOTU Stoves Quiet? Does it Sound Like a Torch?
The first time I used it, I felt it was quite loud. The lower the setting, like a torch, the quieter it is. I had to listen very carefully from a distance of around 10 to 15 meters to hear anything at all. I’ve used mine a few times and am quite pleased with the quality for the price. For the brief time it takes to boil water, the sound doesn’t bother me.
What Type of Fuel Does this Stove Need?
It may surprise you to learn that there are different stoves, and each type has different needs, for example, an alcohol stove needs burning alcohol, and an alcohol stove needs a fuel canister. But there are some stoves that do not need fuel at all. For example, there are propane stoves, pressurized stoves, and electric stoves. What kind of fuel does this stove need? It uses self-sealing butane or butane/propane mixture canisters.
How Long Does it Take to Boil One Liter of Water?
One thing that many people do not realize is that boiling water takes a very long time. This is because, even though water is 91% H2O, the remaining 9% is the boiling point of water. That boils water takes a very long time. This stove, in the highest setting, a one-liter pot with good heat-conducting ability, can be boiled in fifteen minutes.
Would a Coleman 8-ounce Butane Canister Suffice?
No, you’ll need a screw-on bottle of Isopro (butane/propane) mixed blend fuel. The butane fuel cans used in lunchbox stoves are ineffective.