What’s The Best Camping Stove?
Camping stoves can be a real-life saver, especially when you’re out in the wild. No matter the type of stove you have, from gas to alcohol, from easy to set up to difficult to use, it can come to a halt in the middle of a night under the stars if you don’t know how to use it. The best stove in the world won’t help you if you don’t know what to do with it.
The best camping stove is completely subjective and no two people agree on what makes up the perfect camping stove. What we know is that choosing a good camping stove is not an arduous process: educate yourself on the various brands, consider your budget and the type of camping you will most likely be doing, and then choose the stove that best suits your requirements. In this post, we will cover what to look for in a camping stove, including features, brands, and price ranges.
Camping stoves are an essential piece of gear for any outdoor enthusiast. For the average backpacker, the best way to boil water, melt snow, and cook over an open fire is with a quality camping stove. While there are dozens of different models to choose from, each brings its own personal features to the table. In this post, we will look at the best models on the market.
Today we’ve got the Coleman Triton, Propane 2-Burner Stove. The Coleman Triton is a 2-burner stove with an impressive 22,000 total BTU output. It boils water in less than 10 to 15 minutes, and with two burners, it gets you a full breakfast or dinner in no time. The Triton weighs 10 pounds, so it doesn’t take up much room in your RV. It features a built-in windshield and a grease tray for easy cleanup. The Triton by Coleman is a great stove for the camper who wants to cook big outdoors.
However, the Coleman Triton is the best two-burner camping stove you can get for the money. If you are looking for a camping stove that will serve you well mostly, look no further. While Triton has many outstanding features and benefits, what sets it apart from the competition is its ease of use, price, and lightweight.
>>You can also check our post on “Coleman Triton vs Camp Chef Everest“
However, the Triton Stove is very simple to set up, comes with built-in wind blockers, and folds up for easy transportation. Nevertheless; it may not be the best camping stove for many campers, but it can cook to reasonable standards and is built to last.
Coleman Triton Stove Specifications
We have been researching the Coleman Triton Stove for the past few months (and we actually bought one at Walmart). We have had the Triton stove for about a month now and we have used it many times. We have used it for car camping, hunting, fishing, family camp-outs, and weekend getaways.
So far, we are very pleased with the stove. Within the last month, we have used it multiple times for cooking, making coffee, warming up food, and boiling the water for the coffee. We have used the Triton both as a 2-burner stove and a 1-burner stove (depending on what we are doing at the time).
From the Manufacturer
Burners That Can Be Adjusted:
You can manage burners with a turning knob for precise temperature control.
Perfect Heat System Is An Unique Heating System:
It allows for a more thorough fuel combustion process, which results in more effective cooking heat being delivered to your food while using less fuel.
Matchless Ignition Instastart:
A matchless ignition system reduces the need for matches or a lighter by using an electric spark to light burners at the touch of a button.
Perfect Flow Pressure Control:
The pressure control system keeps the heat steady for consistent performance, even in cold weather, high altitudes, or when fuel is low.
Wind Block Side Plates:
Side panels shield burners from wind, can be adjusted to fit larger pans, and fold down for use as side tables on calmer days.
It securely latches the lid shut for safe and convenient transportation. (01)
Pros, Users’ Experience of Coleman Triton Stove
- We often hear about the best, the fastest, and the most powerful. But what about the Coleman Triton? It’s more than good enough to heat a food dehydrator or a small propane tank, and it’s not too heavy or expensive to carry either.
- Coleman Stoves have come a long way and the Triton steel stove is now one of the best available. We always recommend it to get a stove that has a diagonal wall, as it increases the heat output, which is always a good thing.
- Coleman uses a unique engineering approach to create premium products. The only way to improve on an impressive design is to understand the needs of the user and invent the most innovative solution possible. That is precisely what Coleman did with the Triton Stove.
- Coleman is a world-renowned brand of camping stoves. They are popular for their powerful heat output and durability and have earned a reputation for quality. We all can agree that a Coleman stove is an important piece of gear and we want to help you decide if it is the best one for you.
Cons as Per Users’ Experience
- Nothing much to really say here. But, however; with the relatively low power, this stove can’t be used for sizeable groups (group of 5 and above).
- Also, the piezo lighter works, but I don’t like the button design. If you’re not careful where you grab the back of the stove, you could end up cooking your hand, along with dinner. It requires holding the back with one hand while pressing with the other.
- Each corner of the stove features a rounded hump that functions as a foot. Unfortunately, because the feet are smooth metal, the occasionally HOT stove slides around a lot. I added my own rubber feet, which helps, but it’s difficult to get a lot of touches owing to the shape (rounded feet).
Customer Ratings By Feature:
|Heat output||4.8 out of 5.0 stars|
|Warmth||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Global ratings||4.5 out of 5.0 stars|
|Lightweight||4.5 out of 5.0 stars|
|Easy to use||4.4 out of 5.0 stars|
|Easy to clean||4.3 out of 5.0 stars|
|Temperature control||4.3 out of 5.0 stars|
|Sturdiness||4.3 out of 5.0 stars|