What is The Best Camping Stove for Families?
Over the years I have spoken with countless friends, family members, and colleagues who have loved camping. These were people who enjoy spending time outdoors. They love being together with their families, whether it be in the backyard, at the beach, or even just around the campsite.
They enjoy spending time in nature, learning about the world around them, and sharing that with their family. These are the sorts of people who would enjoy our family camping stoves.
Camping stoves are essential items in any family’s equipment list, as they are a primary cooking appliance. For many campers, a camping stove is their go-to item when it comes to setting up a family meal, as they are easier to cook with and are more affordable than a full-on kitchen stove. But which is the best camping stove? There are a number of factors to consider, such as price, size, and power output.
There are many stoves, and how they differ is determined by how big they are, what they are made of, and how they operate. Here, we will take a look at what family camping stove is the best.
We know camping stoves for their size and weight, however, the Camp Chef Explorer from the Explorer family of camp stoves varies from anything else on the market. The Camp Chef Explorer needs no preheating and can be used on or off the grill. They can use it for boiling water, cooking soup, or heating instant potatoes. It’s an all-in-one camp stove with a 6.6-quart cooking surface and features a built-in carrying handle. We can also use it with optional quick-action pegs for creating an outdoor grill.
Camping stoves are a great way to save money, cook delicious meals, and experience the joy of the great outdoors when you don’t want to bring a full-fledged kitchen or oven.
But not all camp stoves are created equal. Some are too expensive, others are too heavy, and still, others can’t heat enough water to make a decent cup of coffee. So what are you waiting for? Pick up a Camp Chef Explorer, Two Burner family Stove today!
Where to buy The Camp Chef Explorer Stove
The Camp Chef Explorer is the first stove to combine the convenience of an electric burner with the stylish looks of a gas stove. Not only does the Camp Chef Explorer come with a built-in, 30,000 BTU burner, it also features a fully enclosed stainless steel top plate, an aluminum cooktop, and a cast iron cook pot. You can check out the best deal on Amazon!
There are many types of camping stoves for sale out there, and each one has its pros and cons. The best stove? Well, that depends. Some people like their Camp Chef pot limiters because they are compact, lightweight, and very easy to pack up.
But if you’re looking for a massive stove for a huge camping trip, a little pot limitation won’t make much of a difference. Some campers like their larger Camp Chef stoves because of their enormous size and usable cooking area, while others want a smaller stove that is easier to transport.
Big Cooking Surface
Most stoves on the market offer a huge cooking surface, enabling you to prepare enormous meals for a family. Some stoves have an actual grill. Others have pans. Still, others have burners that don’t require the use of either.
The Camp Chef, which has a large cooking surface and burners that produce a wide range of heat—from simmer to boil—without going through a transition phase. This means it is very predictable and will heat things quickly.
The large cooking surface of the Camp Chef stove allows for me to cook up enormous meals for the family. I can cook up a chicken for a family of six.
A windscreen for your camp stove is a great idea, especially if you want to keep an eye on your flame while cooking. However, it’s not always simple or cheap to find.
Durable Cast Aluminum Burners
When it comes to stoves, there’s no doubt that one of the most important features to consider is the burner material. There’s nothing worse than a stove with an unnecessarily flimsy burner, which will fail at the slightest provocation. Stoves made of lightweight aluminum, on the other hand, are much more durable than their stainless steel counterparts, which tend to suffer from corrosion and crack. Instead, a durable aluminum burner can withstand a lifetime of use and still provide you with top-notch heat!
>>>You can check out our post on Buying Guides; The Best Brand of Camp Stove
Easy to Adjust Legs
The fire is important to have, but the best camping stoves give you the flexibility to set up a fire that’s just right for you. To make that happen, you’ll need a camping stove with easy-to-adjust legs. That’s the key to being able to adjust the fire to the size you need, and being able to cook your dinner at a range that’s perfect for you.
From the Manufacturer
- The ‘True Seasoned Finish’ grill/griddle from Camp Chef has a natural cooking surface that is ready to use straight away. The cast iron griddle warms evenly and consistently, making it simple to cook your dish to perfection.
- Camp Chef’s “True Seasoned Finish” pre-seasoned cast-iron grilling surface holds and disperses heat. Pizzas, loaves of bread, meats, vegetables, and desserts are all delicious in the Artisan Outdoor Pizza Oven… Deluxe BBQ Grill Box has a heat diffuser system that minimizes hot spots and converts flames into infrared heat.
- The Explorer burner from Camp Chef allows you to cook everything from bacon and eggs to grilled salmon and even Dutch oven dinners all on the same stove. Because of its portability, this stove is ideal for disaster preparedness, as it can cook for 15 hours on a single 20-pound propane tank.
Why Camp Chef Explorer?
Whether you’re cooking outdoors or in an emergency, the Explorer 2 Burner Stove is there for you. Power shortages and disasters can happen, but with the Explorer 2 Burner, you’ll be safe knowing that you’ll be able to cook if you need to.
This stove is a true outdoor appliance with a high level of performance. It has a 3-Sided Windscreen to keep some of the guests at bay, and a single 20-pound tank for 15 hours. With a Camp Chef Explorer, you can cook dinner for yourself and some friends or family while enjoying the outdoors.
- Two 30,000 BTU cast-aluminum burners provide enough heat to cook anything on your menu.
- A three-sided windscreen shields the flame from the elements.
- Heat-control dials that are fully adjustable giving you additional control over the temperature.
- Legs that can be removed or adjusted for storage or portability and set up on uneven ground.
- Built to last with tough, durable construction.
- For usage with a large propane tank, a regulator and a 3-foot hose are included.
- It’s a good idea to be prepared in case of an emergency.
- Dimensions for cooking: 14″ x 32″,
- 448 sq. in. of cooking space
- Height of Cooking: 29″
- Total BTU Output: 60,000
- 36-pound weight limit
The Other Wise (Drawback)
- Plastic fittings are insufficiently durable.
- With a lighter, you can easily light the stove, but the spark igniter can be problematic.
- For some users, the legs are too short.
- Burners get blown out by strong winds, which is unpleasant because you have to manually relight them each time.
- One-pound propane canisters are incompatible.
- Cookware made of stainless steel or high heat output can damage non-stick.